What are the benefits of golf mental coaching?
What is important for you in your game? Is it confidence? Is it patience? Focus? Consistency? Trust? Golf mental coaching can help you focus on the task at hand, be consistent and competitive, increase self-confidence and trust, visualize shots and putting lines, avoid distractions, identify and deal with negative thinking, manage negative emotions, and develop specific goals and game plan, among others.
What can Victoria help you with?
Imagine how good it will feel when you are in charge of all the things you can control while you play, recognize the ones you can’t, and move forward. These are some of the things I can help you with:
- Taking your good shots from the driving range to the course
- Assessing your motivation
- Identifying your strengths and areas for improvement
- Exploring barriers to peak performance
- Identifying expectations and replacing them with manageable objectives
- Tuning your concentration “on” and “off”
- Dealing with the mental and emotional impact of poor shots
- Enhancing your confidence
- Building trust
- Improving your focus
- Identifying and dealing with internal and external distractions
- Developing coping skills to deal with setbacks on the course
- Identifying and replacing the irrational thoughts that hold you back
- Identifying unhelpful self-talk or thoughts and replacing it with helpful ones
- Developing specific strategies and game plans that work for you
- Identifying beliefs, attitudes, and expectations that can help or hinder your performance
- Differentiating between expectations and goals
- Developing mental strategies to ‘be in the moment’ so you can enter ‘the zone’ more frequently
- UTILIZING AND BALANCING YOUR LEFT (analytical) AND RIGHT (creative) BRAIN
‘ I am really seeing the benefit of mental coaching when it comes to golf. Before I took instruction from you, I had so much trouble with anxiety when approaching certain shots and also focusing on what I had to do. You explained things in an easy manner to understand and gave me good tips on how I could overcome obstacles to improving my game. I think this is a great program you have developed and I’m sure that it will help a lot of golfers like me. Now I am really enjoying myself when I’m playing golf. Thank you!’I.L. Handicap 29
Dr. Victoria Alfonso is a Registered Psychologist with a passion for golf. After years of working as a clinician, adjunct professor, researcher, and clinical supervisor, she is directing her energy into assisting golfers identify mental and emotional barriers to their game so they can successfully reach their peak performance and enjoy their game. Victoria’s goal is to collaborate with you to create a neutral state of mind that helps you stay open to what’s possible on the course, and potentially be the best golfer you can be.Find out more.